The Memory Care Community
Residents are respected and are treated with dignity in Helen Purcell’s Memory Care Community.
Helen Purcell’s entire memory care team is especially trained to provide all residents with compassionate care in a dignified, comfortable, and home-like environment.
The Memory Care Community contains a carefully designed Life Center that enable residents to reminisce and enjoy things from their past. The Life Center has been designed for residents to help relieve boredom and create feelings of success where residents can perform tasks and play games. Helen Purcell is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents.
A Licensed Nurse is on duty around the clock. And best of all, Helen Purcell’s experienced and caring staff makes everyone feel comfortable and loved.
You will enjoy a spacious, private room with a pleasant view and your own personal bathroom. Semi-private apartments are also available.
Furniture can be provided. Television, telephone and Internet connections are already in place. You can receive assistance with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene and many other things you may need - with assistance designed especially for you.
Available Services and Amenities
- Licensed Nurse, 24 hours per day
- A calm and quiet atmosphere
- Wander Guard system for a secure atmosphere
- A carefully planned and designed Life Center, a unique life skills station that allows for resident activities
- Structured, yet flexible programs for the memory impaired resident, such as discussion groups, music and pet therapy, recreational pursuits
- Three delicious, nutritious meals daily, with tray service and meal supervision. Special diets, including complex diets and a variety of snacks.
- In-room medication, administered by a Licensed Nurse
- Transfer assistance and single-person ambulation
- In-room call system and nightly observations
- Personal care, including bathing assistance
- Bowel and bladder program
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Cable TV and Internet access
- Group daytrips
- Peace of mind